After attending the awesome SharePoint Evolution Conference in London this April, I was so inspired to get started with SP2013 that I immediately put up a migration plan when I got back to the office. Although I had installed an SP2013 server a few months ago, I had not really had any time to test much. But now it’s time!
So I had an “old” test server that I created a few months ago with the following installed. I run all on the same machine since it is my test server:
– Windows Server 2012
– SQL Server 2012
– SharePoint 2013 (no updates installed yet)
But the machine needed more juice, I could barely start it. As I had seen at the conference the least minimum reqs for a server is to have 8 GB RAM and I only had 4 (!) but I got 12 GB so now it’s more responsive.
Minimum reqs according to Technet:
What I had on the server: